We are seeking an accomplished and energetic assistant manager with a solid history of achievement in retail sales. The successful candidate will be able to enhance customer satisfaction, meet sales and profitability goals and manage staff effectively. The store manager will be responsible for all phases of the stores’ operations.
- Assist in directing the day-to-day operations of the store, including: targeted sales achievement, pricing, merchandising, inventory control, and promotional and marketing activities
- Improve customer service and retention, audits, employee training, inventory management, cash handling, reconciliations and deposits
- Maintain high store standards and conditions and foster a positive environment
- Manage all aspects of store security and safety; ensure compliance with health and safety legislation
Major Expectations and Duties:
- Develop business strategies to increase our customer base, expand store traffic and optimize profitability
- Assist in scheduling employees for optimum store performance, including back up plans for peak hours, vacation, training, etc.
- Meet sales goals by hiring, training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to sales staff
- Assist in managing the approved budget
- Communicate store trends, happenings, performance statistics and standards
- Analyze sales and revenue reports for accurate forecasting
- Develop marketing materials and sales promotions throughout the year strategically designed to increase revenue
- Demonstrate a technical aptitude for products sold
- Assist customers, handle customer escalations and promote a positive customer experience
- Ensure proper opening and closing of the store Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards according to company policy
- Manage stock levels and select merchandise that will maximize the stores’ performance
- Support operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing programs, operational and personnel policies and procedures
- Additional store manager duties as needed
What is Required?
- Sales aptitude and ability to proactively engage customers
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Powerful leading skills and business orientation
- Handling multiple projects Being constructive and > thorough Prioritizing and planning
- Coaching or mentoring employees
- Developing effective strategies
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays based on the needs of the business
- Ability to stand on your feet for an entire shift and must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.